Directions： Write an essay of 160-200 words based on the following drawing. In your essay, you should
1) describe the drawing briefly,
2) explain its intended meaning, and
3) give your comments.
Be a Self-Taught Talent
The college called the ivory tower is a place full of dream and hope, but climbing this tower is not an easy job, as there is only one ladder. What if one didn't get the chance to touch the ladder? Would he be deprived of the chance to realize his dream? We can see from the picture that in addition to the ladder, rope can also help the climber fulfill his dream.
College education is thought to be crucial in the path to success, so the famous universities with top teachers and research resources are more admired by applicants. Though important, college education is not indispensable to success. I believe that one can also be well-learned outside the college. Bill Gates didn't finish his education in Harvard, but nobody would now judge him by his lack of college diploma. Edison also told us that without the assistance of college, life itself can also become an advanced institution of learning. We can become professional through self-education.
I'm sure the college education is not the only way to success and most of the useful knowledge comes from the great source outside the college. The key to success lies in whether you want to improve yourself through continuous learning.
1. It is very important for us to educate ourselves in order to project a positive outlook today. 当今，通过自我学习来培养乐观的态度对我们是很重要的。
2. We should make full use of every opportunity to learn by ourselves throughout our lifetime and keep up with the times. 我们应该充分利用各种机会终生自我学习，跟上时代的脚步。
3. Self-teaching will boost your unlimited potential. This naturalistic method is the backbone of gaining success in life. 自学可以发掘你无限的潜力，这种自然的学习方式是生活中获得成功的中坚力量。